Followers

Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Let's spin and slide!

Hello crafty friends,

I am here with some slider and spinner card. It is quite a trend lately but I never tried them before. I always thought that it is easy if you have right type of dies. So when Priya sent me this Spinner card dies by Nellie Snellen, I was thrilled to try my hands at it!

There are 3 dies which are to create the slit/channel for your sliding or spinning object, 1 is to make pinwheel and two circle dies are there to make the mechanism behind spinning object.

Assembling a slider card is not at all difficult. The time consuming part is thinking about stamps and dies to use. You need to select a focal point element and sentiment very carefully. It should justify  the movement of a slider / spinner card. 

For the first card, I used Altenew's Stick Figure stamp set.  I selected the image where a man is pushing a huge rock and so i can show the movement - pushing, moving ! 





Let's see step by step how I made it.



I took a little smaller panel of Bielo CS than my base card (a2). I masked and created ground and sky with distress inks. I made a slope to make the message more effective. I also stamped stick figure with a rock on a card stock and fussy cut it and also blend inks on it so it will merge with background and will become part of scene. 

                             

Next, I took another smaller panel which will go behind the slit, inked it to match the front panel and used my MISTI to position my sentiment exactly in that slit so it will be visible when the stick figure and rock is moved.

                    

See how I lifted the panel with 3d foam tape to give room for the slider disc to move. For the slider part I cut a circle (its diameter has to be larger than slit width) and stacked 2-3 stripes of card stock slightly narrow than slit which will allow the sliding part move freely. Now, mount the main panel on the one with sentiment while sandwiching the slider disk in the slit. Adhere the stick figure and rock cutout on that sliding stripe with glue. Mount the whole circus on a base card. Check the video to see it in action.





Isn't that fun?

Now let's check the second card!


Watch the video first to see it in action. That will give you better idea of construction of spinning pinwheel.






So, let's start step by step.
I took a top fold A2 size Bielo card base, smooshed some dye base ink from top left corner. Once the ink was dry did same stroke with versamark ink pad and heat embossed it in Brutus Monroe silver embossing powder. Cut heart shape and pin wheel from some pattern paper. 


I used these round 3d, double-sided  foam dots, a brad and a twine to build pinwheel spinner.


Sandwich the twine between two sticky side two foam dots. Adhere it to the back of pinwheel while piercing it with a brad. Keep the top backing paper intake.  


Glue the heart diecut on the base & punch a hole with a needle tool. Pass the brad of pinwheel through the hole and secure it from the back of the card front. I adhered a red heart which says 'pull here' at the end of the twine for that finishing touch.Your spinner is ready. Just wrap the twine around pinwheel and pull to spin it.

Die cut 'YOU" from a black glitter foam. Rest of the sentiment is made using Dymo Lable Embosser.
I love this tool as it is very useful to create your own sentiments. 

Are you still with me?

Moving to the last card....




For this card I meant to use that wavy  slider die to imitate the waves of sea. But when I realized that I switched the die by mistake, it was too late. 
I have used pattern paper for the lower half of the panel.




I hope you enjoyed the post and my creation. Give it a try, it is truly fun. Keep in mind to choose stamp carefully to make your cards more effective.


4 comments:

Please leave a comment. I shall get back to you!