Followers

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Making Jewelry with Sospeso Transparente - Tutorial Part II

Hello Peeps

As promised I am back with my second post on Sospeso Tutorial. I used printed sheets and paper veils for jewellery in my last post. If u missed that, here’s is the link to the same.

http://thecraftshopindia.blogspot.in/2016/10/making-jewelry-with-sospeso.html

The Craft Shop has the best variety of Sospeso items at the best price!! Shop now. www.thecraftshop.in

Today I am sharing tutorials on making jewelry with fabric tapes and decoupage napkins. Basic process for both is same. 


I Tutorial on Fabric Tapes

Fabric tapes are designs printed on 100% cotton cloth. These are 1 meter long fabric piece containing three similar fragments. You can buy from the Craft Shop. Below is the link


1.  I am using this fabric tape for my project


To use fabric tapes roughly cut flower from the fabric tape

3. Apply sospeso glue on transparent sheet and on reverse side of fabric flower. Allow them dry a bit and then apply flower on transparent sheet

4. Allow it to dry and then cut the flower out



5. Now take a candle. Light it. And keep it at a safe distance for applying heat on reverse side. Fabric tapes take more time than printed sheets and paper veils.


6. Shape it using wooden burins on embossing pad. That’s it !!!



Now let’s learn to make necklace with fabric tapes. I am using same tape as shown above

II Tutorial on making Jewelry with Fabric Tapes

1. Using process explained above prepare your fabric flowers to be used on your neckpiece






 2. Now lets prepare base where we stick these flower. You can use metal tubes as your base. But I have planned to make my own. I am using a piece of pipe I found in mom’s kitchen. Cut it to desired length


3. To cover the pipe I am using fabric tape with sticky backing lying in my stash for more than 3 years now. You can use fabric, ribbon, threads, wool, anything, ideas are numerous. Cover entire pipe’s length with fabric tape 



4. Now take bead caps, beads and eye pins to attach to both ends of pipe. First prepare a piece given below. Use glue gun on inner side of bead cap for sticking

  



5. Add these to both ends of pipe with glue gun and your pretty base is done 


6. Now take your fabric flowers and make a rough arrangement of sticking them on pipe. I have decided to add leaves and some flowers in center and rest on both sides of center



7. Prepare center piece. Use glue gun for sticking. And then add this section to the center of the pipe.


8. Now stick remaining flowers

9. Add a cord or chain and Viola your neckpiece is ready. Isn’t it pretty!!!


Let’s move to second tutorial on using Decoupage Napkins to make jewelry.

III Tutorial on making jewelry with Decoupage Napkins

I am using a 3 ply napkin to make a pendant. I never tried Decoupage, so initially I was reluctant to use them on jewelry. I searched a little on using decoupage napkins and then decided to go for it. Believe me you need not to have your hands tried on decoupage napkins prior like me. The basic process of all sospeso printed mediums remains the same. But yes decoupage napkins needs a little care as they are very thin and delicate.




For using napkins you will be needing White Film available with The Craft Shop. These are thick white sheets with thermoformable properties, just like transparent films. Since these are opaque surface so you can get exactly same color as you see on napkin. You can even experiment using these white films with paper veils, pattern papers etc. And you can even use decoupage napkins with transparent sheets to dull faded effect. So let’s get started


1. Roughly cut our desired motifs from decoupage napkin. Remove ply from motifs. Apply sospeso glue on white film, let it dry a bit and add napkin motif on it. When it dries out, cut out the flower motif. I have tried napkins flower both with white film and transparent film 


 The red flower still looks bright with transparent sheet as it was already of very dark color. Other flower looks faded with transparent film. Which film to use depends on what effect you want to achieve.


2.  I also decided to use sugar crystals this time. Just apply vetrification gel glue on desired parts of flower. Sprinkle sugar crystals and allow it to dry. This takes some time. Mixing gel with crystals and then applying on flower is a messy and irritating process as crystals fall off maximum time.



3. Stick these flower on above other to form a pendant



4. Now add a bail. I have made a ribbon bail. For this take a piece of satin ribbon 1” wide and follow these steps. Use glue gun to stick


5. Stick this ribbon bail to the back of the pendant. Add threads, beads etc to complete the pendant. Your pendant is ready!!!


6. Add a cord or chain to wear



So with this tutorial I wrap up my post. I hope you liked my tutorial. If I have inspired you to create your own jewelry with sospeso transparente, do drop a link of your jewelry, would love to see your creation.

Wish you all a very Happy Diwali. May it bring joy with lots of crafting stuff for you. Will see you in November.

Till Then
Happy Crafting !!!
Poornima






7 comments:

  1. Poornima, You have made it look so simple!! Commendable job!! Hope this would encourage all to try jewelry with Sospeso!! kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second design, it looks very elegant yet statement making

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces..thanks for the tutorial..very well explained. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I shall get back to you!